Spooky Summer Quilt Along welcomes you to Week 7!
This week, we are strippin’ again with out official block: Block #4. “Officially” because really, you can make whichever block you like! This is your quilt!
But seriously, Block #4 is a great way to make a block if you like to strip piece. For me, I just cut a few strips and kept making triangles until I ran out of strips.
This week, I wanted to continue sneaking in a few hints of color by using the hot pink star print. How fun is that one? I don’t often get a chance to use such neutral fabrics and I’ve really enjoyed it. Eeeeeery!
And actually, the second white-on-white fabric was such a challenge for me. If you look closely you’ll notice that some of the fabrics are sewn with the wrong side up. Whoops!
I’m a roll-with-the-punches quilter, so I just let the mistake ride. If I can’t tell… I’m happy with it.
Now, would you fix it?
<<insert design wall3 Image>>
Here’s an update of all my blocks to date up on my design wall. A small, but subtle step in the right direction.
A haunted house vibe, haha! But we can really start to see how our little ghouls are coming along!
Relevant Tips & Posts
How to start on the spooky Summer Quilt Along
MMT members, check out the Boos and Ghouls Introduction page here for fabric estimates, finished sizes, bonus content and coloring pages (digital and printable, ooooooooooo!)
Click here for these Member Bonuses inside the MMT Club Hub.
Check out the refresher below on how this spooked-up shebang works. You can do this!
HOWL ABOUT THESE WEEK 6 TRIANGLES!
And more blocks by Kathy M.!
If you’d like to quilt along with us, you’ll find this week’s block (#1) in the Modern Triangle Quilts book where you’ll find all of the blocks.
REFRESHER: How Spooky Summer Quilt AlONG WORKS
Learn new techniques and have ghoulishly good fun!
- 12-week program: July 13 through September 28. Start anytime.
- New quilt tutorial using triangles from my book Modern Triangle Quilts.
- Number of weekly blocks: Make as few as 3 modern triangles a week – you choose.
- Share and celebrate your progress: Post your pics and shriek “Ta-daaaaah!”
- Make it your own! You choose which modern triangle blocks to make and where to place them. (Move them around when no one is looking – total spook move).
- Spooked? We’ll help you through the rips, howls, tears and fears.
Okay, boos and ghouls, you can mix up blocks and then lay them out any which way or use the triangle-y variety on this cute ghoul below!
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (BECAUSE LIFE HAPPENS, RIGHT?!)
The quilt along runs from Wednesday, July 13 through September 28.
- Week 1: July 13 – Introduction & Materials List
- Week 2: July 21 – Block Set 1
- Week 3: July 27 – Block Set 2
- Week 4: August 3 – Block Set 3
- Week 5: August 10 – Block Set 4
- Week 6: August 17 – Block Set 5
- Week 7: August 24 – Block Set 6 – You are here!
- Week 8: August 31 – Block Set 7
- Week 9: Sept. 7 – Block Set 8
- Week 10: Sept. 14 – Background Cutting
- Week 11: Sept. 21 – Make Block Units
- Week 12: Sept. 28 – Quilt Top Assembly
Join in the Spooky Summer Quilt Along
If you’re not an MMT member and love free coloring sheets, then sign up for our free newsletter with weekly updates and you’ll snag yourself a free copy of the Boos and Ghouls coloring sheet.
Grab this ghostly goodie now and start coloring!
OR WHY NOT GET THE VIP EXPERIENCE?
First, here are the “members only” goodies we’ve created for the QAL:
- Full “Boos & Ghouls” pattern featuring two cute ghosts in 3 easy sizes (official printable pattern coming early Fall)
- All of the Modern Right Triangle Foundations packaged in one tidy “eBook” so that you’ll be able to (freezer) paper piece all the right triangles in our standard sizes: 8-inch, 6-inch and 4-inch! How cool will that be!? (Now Available!)
- Bonus coupon! While the Modern Triangle Quilts book is lovely, it isn’t required. If you’d like a signed copy, there’s a coupon inside! The discount will appear out of thin air at checkout.
- You can find it all…right here.
Secondly, members can watch demo videos any time as well as many times. Howlin’ good, I’d say.
NOT A Make Modern Triangles MEMBER YET?
Membership is invite only so if you’re curious about membership in the Make Modern Triangles Club, visit makemoderntriangles.com to learn more and take a cool modern triangle class in order to get your invite.
I’ll be back next week with our 7th set of triangles!
Yours in triangles,