We think it goes without saying that every year, we continue to be blown away by the creativity you all bring to this little competition. Once Sarah at no hats in the house and I got the linky party live (after a, err, slightly rocky start), we were both pretty giddy as the entries started pouring in. SO. MUCH. TALENT. So much talent showcased in 143 entries. 1.4.3!
Needless to say, Erika Bea, Lucy Tiffney, and Tula Pink had their work cut out for them! Funny story. While the judges were ultimately able to narrow down their picks, THE VIEWERS (in two instances) WERE NOT! That’s right peeps. This year we have a record TWO dead ties in the Viewer’s Choice category. Serendipitously, one of two (again, in each instance) aligned with the judges’ selections, so in the interest of fairness we will be sending the prize to the quilt that had not already won an award. But you know, because Viewers’ Choice is kind of a big deal, prize or not, we wanted to acknowledge both.
THE WINNERS!Thank you again to all the generous sponsors for supporting the challenge, year after year.
QUILTS (Tula Pink)
- Judge’s 1st:
- Global: The Place Where It’s Hidden by Émilie Trahan @mili.tra (1 Large Collection Aurifil ($140) + Pantone Box)
- U.S.: Coral Fan by Brigit Gail Dermott @brigitgail (Daylight Slimline 3 Table Lamp ($215))
- Viewer’s Choice: TIE between Refracted by Travis Seward @travlis and Reflecting Facades (above) (1 Aurifil cone ($50) and digital LP&Q subscription)
MINIS (Erika Bea)
- Judge’s 1st:
- Global: Mini Elephant by @selbermacherin (1 Large Collection Aurifil ($140) + Pantone Box)
- U.S.: Living Coral: Bleached Coral by Becky McNeil @beckymcneillartanddesign (Daylight Travel Lamp + LP&Q print subscription)
- Judge’s 2nd: Mini North Quilt by Zsofia Molgaard @sewsmall_by_zsofia (1 Small Collection Aurifil ($50) and Crimson Tate African wax print fabric stack)
- Viewer’s Choice: Coral Code by Monika Huelsebusch @monika.huelsebusch (1 Aurifil cone ($50) and digital LP&Q subscription)
JUST-THE-TOP (Lucy Tiffney)
- Judge’s 1st –
- Global: Untitled by Susan Lukachko @susanlynnlukachko (1 Large Collection Aurifil ($140) + Pantone Box)
- U.S.: The Value of Coral by Cassandra Beaver @cassandra.beaver (Daylight Wafer 1 Lightbox with Cutting Mat ($194))
- Judge’s 2nd: Coral Coreopsis by Amanda @jamesandgraciehandmade (1 Small Collection Aurifil ($50) and Me + You fabric stack)
- Viewer’s Choice: TIE between Pickle Dish by Jill Fisher @pieladyquilts and Coral Coreopsis (above) (1 Aurifil cone ($50) and digital LP&Q subscription)
It’s once again been an absolute pleasure hosting this annual challenge. Thank you for making this such a joy to watch. Can’t wait for 2020!