Today is my stop on the Southwest Modern Blog Tour! Yip yippie yippie!
I’ve been really excited about Kristi’s book ever since it came out. Well, since she showed me a sneak peek! (Kristi helped me in my market booth last Spring, so I got alllll the details. Well most of the details. Ahem… We had a good time!) I love Kristi’s designs for their minimalistic designs. What an opportunity to let the color shine!
For my project, I chose to do the Angelos Mini. I need a couple of pillows for some chairs so I figured I would use part of the Angelos mini. My plan was to make 2 like the picture above and below.
But you know what? I just couldn’t resist putting all the colors together in one project. And then I had to make a third! I’m so glad I did!
The colors are so fun together. You know bright colors sometimes just work best in a big party of color. You just can’t separate them!
I LOVE how this mini turned out. I’m planning on turning it into a big floor pillow!
What do you think? With big Big Stitch quilting? Wouldn’t that be fabulous!?
Check out my YouTube video:
For more on how I chose the colors for my Angelos mini, check out my YouTube video. You’ll also get a sneak peak in the book and I’m showing you a cool HST notion, Perfect HSTs, that really helped me make my HST units.
Here’s the rest of the gang participating in the Hop:
- March 8th Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic
- March 9th Rebecca Bryan of Bryan House Quilts
- March 10th Suzy Williams of Suzy Quilts
- March 11th Hillary Goodwin of Entropy Always Wins
- March 12th Michelle Wilkie of Factotum of Arts
- March 13th Christopher Thompson of The Tattooed Quilter
- March 14th Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
- March 15th Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
- March 16th Karen Lewis of Karen Lewis Textiles
Contest rules are below:
1. Follow me by signing up for my newsletter AND follow Kristi Schroeder @initialkstudio on instagram
2. Please comment on this blog post to be entered to win. Tell me your favorite vacation location (such a poet am I!?). Bonus entries occur for contestants who comment/like on the IG Post by the Blogger.
3. Winner will be announced Monday.
Also note, Kristi is having a Grand Prize Giveaway at the end of the blog hop courtesy of the following sponsors.
2. FQ bundle by Robert Kaufman
3. FQ bundle by Me & You Fabrics
4. Southwest Modern Thread Collection by Aurifil