Today I’m finally sharing a fun tutorial with you all (ya’ll!). (Download the PDF of the tutorial here.) My idea for quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) applique has been floating around in my head for over a year. So when asked to join in on the Christmas in July Blog Hop with Gina Martin’s new fabric line, Folk Christmas, I knew I finally had a chance to play around with this idea.
I, perhaps like you, heard about QAYG a few years ago from the online quilting community. It is such a fun and versatile technique. Lending the QAYG technique to applique just seems like a great use of QAYG, let alone all those extra batting scraps lying around my house.
- July 23rd
Becca BryanME! www.bryanhousequilts.com
- July 24th Hilary Smith www.youngtexanmama.com
- July 25th Sally Keller www.sallysangelworks.typepad.com
- July 28th Donna Shervington www.donnaleeq.blogspot.com
- July 29th Brooke Sellmann http://www.sillymamaquilts.com
- July 30th Gina Martin www.patternandhue.com
- July 31st Prize Drawings