Usually, when I say I’m going to make a pillow, I seem to rarely finish the pillow. So I’m happy to report that I’ve actually finished a pillow.
What’s that you say? I was supposed to finish this pillow for the pantone challenge? Oh yes, you are right. So I guess I’m late then!
I did something a little different with the Feather Bed pattern (by Anna Maria Horner). First, I added height to each feather by adding white to the stem piece and making the background pieces a bit longer. Mostly it was just trial and error and lots of trimming afterward. I’d rather trim then unpick a seam! Second, I made each feather block a narrower but trimming the blocks.
I used grey perle thread to quilt the pillow top with a big hand stitched pic-stitch. I didn’t mark the lines, so the lines are a bit wonkers. On the back I used Anna Maria Horner’s velveteen. I love the velveteen it’s so luxurious.
I was so happy to have this pillow finish, I forgot that I had wanted to finish it by binding. So the pillow case ended up a wee bit small for the pillow form. Oops!
I’m linking up to Finish It Up Friday, so thanks for stopping by!
Happy Friday ya’ll!