After last week’s frustration with difficulty matching points on itsy bitsy blocks, I decided to give the paper piecing method a try. So I joined the Farmer’s Wife Yahoo group; they have all the foundation pdf files available for print.
Since I am scaling my blocks down to 4 inches finished. I printed some files at 67%. Then I got to work.
On my first block, I messed up a teeny bit. But I was able to fix it without starting over or ripping out a seam. Although I do seem to recall a ripped seam somewhere.
Block #23, Country Farm
The second block I tried was the easier one, but it took me a while to decide on the fabric.
Block #19, Checkerboard
Overall, I like the foundation (paper) piecing method all right. It seems to waste more fabric than cutting out the templates. It could be that I need more practice. I am very frugal with fabric, so in reality there wasn’t that much fabric wasted. I just have problems. 🙂 The blocks did come out nice and at the proper size. Pulling out the paper was a pain in the rear.
And here are the blocks from this week in combination with all the blocks: